Feel the Love℠ Program Nominee Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED AND IN QUEBEC.
The Lennox Feel the Love℠ Program (the “Program”) is sponsored by Lennox Industries Inc., 2100 Lake Park Blvd., Richardson, TX 75080, and its affiliates (collectively, “Lennox”) and local Lennox dealers participating in the Program (“Dealers”) (collectively, “Sponsors”). The Program will assist financially needy individuals who are making a positive impact on their communities have comfortable homes this fall. The nomination period begins at 12 a.m. Central Time on May 31, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Central Time on August 31, 2019 (the “Nomination Period”). During the Nomination Period, you may nominate an individual who meets the eligibility criteria listed below by submitting the person’s name and address, together with a statement about why the person deserves to receive either a free furnace and installation or a free outside condensing unit (AC) and installation (each referred to herein as the “Equipment”), using the nomination form at www.feelthelove.com. Only submit one (1) nomination per person or family. Only the first submission by a Nominator (defined below) for a Nominee (defined below) will be considered.You may state that the Nominee is in need of both a free furnace and a free outside condensing unit; however, if the Nominee is selected, Lennox will only provide either a free furnace or a free outside condensing unit, as further detailed below. You may submit more than one (1) nomination if you know several people who may qualify for a free furnace and installation or a free ouside condensing unit and installation through the Program. You may not nominate yourself or someone else living in your residence.
Eligibility Criteria. A nominee (the “Nominee”) must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- The Nominee must be a legal permanent resident of the United States or Canada in a state or province in which Dealers are participating in the Program and reside within a zip code or postal code serviced by a participating Dealer. In the United States, the Program will only be available in connection with Dealers in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii). In Canada, the Program will only be available in connection with Dealers in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, and Saskatchewan. The Nominee must also be the age of majority or older in the Nominee’s state/province of residence. For a list of participating Dealers and service areas check the www.feelthelove.com website on a regular basis.
- As of the beginning of the Nomination Period, the Nominee must own and reside in a detached, single-family home, which has either a central forced air gas furnace heating system with installed ductwork which regulates temperatures throughout the entire home to receive a free furnace or a R-410A refrigerant-based air conditioning system with a variable speed air handler with installed ductwork which regulates temperatures throughout the entire home to receive a free outside condensing unit. Hydronic systems, boilers, wood stoves, outdoor wood boilers, electric baseboard heaters, oil systems, or fireplaces are not eligible for replacement and are excluded from the Program. Mobile homes and manufactured/pre-fab homes are not eligible. The Nominee must not be an employee, officer, or director (or an immediate family member or live in the same household, whether or not related) of Sponsors or their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, wholesalers, dealers (including the retailers, wholesalers, and dealers themselves), vendors, public relations, advertising, or promotion agencies. “Immediate family” is defined as biological or adoptive parents, siblings, children, and spouse.
- Both you (the “Nominator”) and the Nominee (including, if applicable, his/her Designee) must agree to be bound by these terms and conditions; the Nominee must agree to sign a declaration of eligibility if the Nominee is selected as a recipient; and the Nominator and the Nominee (and, if applicable, his/her Designee) must agree to sign a release of liability and a publicity release allowing Sponsors to use the nomination and your and the Nominee’s (and, if applicable, his/her Designee’s) name and likeness and images of the Nominee’s home for publicity purposes without compensation (unless prohibited by law) if the Nominee is selected as a recipient.
- The Nominator may only provide information in relation to a Nominee if the Nominator has received permission from the Nominee to provide his/her information to the Sponsors.
- As part of the selection process, if so requested, the Nominee must be willing to allow Dealers or Dealers’ representatives access to the Nominee’s residence to inspect the residence and Nominee’s current heating and/or cooling system to determine need for, and suitability for, replacement of either the furnace or the outside condensing unit.
- In the event the Nominator nominates the Nominee for both a free furnace and a free outside condensing unit, Dealer will evaluate the existing system and determine in Dealer’s sole discretion whether the existing furnace or the existing outside condensing unit is in greater need of replacement. If selected as a recipient, the Nominee will receive either a free furnace and installation or a free outside condensing unit and installation from Lennox. In no circumstance will Lennox be obligated to provide both a free furnace and A free outside condenSing unit to a recipient under the Program.
- The Nominee must provide evidence of home ownership sufficient to permit the Nominee to accept installation of the replacement Equipment.
- If selected as a recipient, the Nominee must allow Sponsors or Sponsors’ representatives access to the Nominee’s residence to install the replacement Equipment.
- If selected as a recipient, the Nominee (or a relative or other individual designated by the Nominee to be present in his/her place (a “Designee”)) must be available during the period of October 4, 2019 – October 6, 2019 for the installation of their Equipment, or another date shortly before or after October 4, 2019 – October 6, 2019 if extraordinary circumstances prevent the Nominee (or the Nominee’s Designee) from being present over such weekend, and the Dealer who will install the Equipment agrees to the alternative date.
- The Nominee must have had a significant positive impact on his or her community, over and above activities that fall within the normal scope of the Nominee’s paid employment (if any).
- The Nominee must be able to demonstrate that replacing the Nominee’s pre-existing furnace or outside condensing unit would be a significant financial hardship to the Nominee. As part of the selection process, if so requested, the Nominee will be required to provide a Lennox representative documentation proving financial need. A Nominee will be considered to have financial need if he or she is:
- Experiencing financial hardship due to:
- Health-related expenses from an illness of the Nominee or an immediate family member that requires treatment that creates expenses beyond the Nominee’s ability to pay, or
- Military service of the Nominee or an immediate family member that results in the Nominee’s or an immediate family member’s inability to re-enter the workforce and meet financial demands, or
- The Nominee’s job as a first responder, teacher, or similar occupation whose dedication to a life of service to his/her local community and neighbors has impacted the Nominee’s ability to meet financial demands, or
- Eligible for any government financial support program, including, but not limited to:
- SNAP (food stamps), if a resident of the United State, or the low-income support social assistance program of his or her province of residence, if a resident of Canada, or
- Medicaid, if a resident of the United States, or
- The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, if a resident of the United States, or the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program, if a Canadian resident of Ontario, or
- Supplemental Security Income, if a resident of the United States, or the Guaranteed Income Supplement, if a resident of Canada, or
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, if a resident of the United States, or the unreduced Canada Child Benefit, if a resident of Canada.
- Experiencing financial hardship due to:
- No funds, compensation, or indemnity will be provided by Sponsors for payment of taxes, if applicable, or any other financial impact resulting from the receipt or use of the Equipment and installation.
Selection Process and Criteria. Lennox will allocate the Nominees amongst the participating Dealers based on the Nominee’s proximity to the nearest participating Dealer. Lennox will then select finalists from all nominations received during the Nomination Period for each participating Dealer (“Finalists”). The number of Finalists chosen may vary by Dealer location, significance of the community impact the Nominees have had, and number of nominations received. Selection criteria (weighted equally) will include:
- in the event of a furnace Nominee, a Nominee’s need for a furnace in order to have a habitable home, or
- in the event of an outside condensing unit Nominee, a Nominee’s need for an outside condensing unit in order to protect against adverse health effects from intense periods of heat typical for the region where the Nominee resides, and
- degree of financial hardship, and
- significance of community impact, and
- any military service (current or veteran).
Dealers or their representatives may choose to inspect Finalists’ residences for suitability as part of the final recipient selection process. Each Dealer will then select one (1) recipient based on the above criteria. A Dealer may also elect not to select any recipient to receive the new Equipment if no Nominee meets the selection criteria. Recipient selection and notification will take place on or around September 1, 2019. Recipients or their Designee must be available October 4, 2019 - October 6, 2019 for the installation of their Equipment, or another date shortly before or after October 4, 2019 - October 6, 2019 if extraordinary circumstances prevent the Nominee (or the Nominee’s Designee) from being present over such weekend, and the Dealer who will install the Equipment agrees, in its sole discretion, to the alternative date. If the Equipment cannot be installed between October 4, 2019 – October 6, 2019, and the Nominee and the Dealer cannot agree on an acceptable alternative date, the selected Nominee will forfeit the Equipment, and the Dealer may select a new recipient from the original Finalists.
New Furnace Details: Selected furnace recipients will be given either a Lennox ML195 furnace and CS5500 thermostat (approximate retail value $3,308 U.S./$4,349 CDN) or a Lennox ML180 furnace and CS5500 thermostat (approximate retail value $2,458 U.S./$3,232 CDN), with the specific model determined by Dealers in their sole discretion based on suitability for the recipient’s home, together with installation (approximate total retail value will vary from $5,000 U.S./$6,573 CDN to $12,000 U.S./$15,775 CDN). In addition, the Equipment will be covered by Lennox’s standard Equipment Limited Warranty that accompanies the furnace and thermostat, along with AIG’s three (3) year extended Comfort Shield Labor Protection Plan (subject to its terms and conditions) (approximate retail value $500 U.S./$672 CDN). If applicable, a conversion kit and/or pressure switch may be included. Nothing else is included, including, without limitation, ductwork.
New Outside Condensing Unit Details: Selected outside condensing unit recipients will be given a Lennox 14ACX and CS5500 thermostat (approximate retail value $6,845 U.S./$9,202.76 CDN), with the specific model determined by Dealers in their sole discretion based on suitability for the recipient’s home, together with installation (approximate total retail value will vary from $7,000 U.S./$9,411 CDN to $17,000 U.S./$22,855 CDN). In addition, the Equipment will be covered by Lennox’s standard Equipment Limited Warranty that accompanies the outside condensing unit and thermostat, along with AIG’s three (3) year extended Comfort Shield Labor Protection Plan (subject to its terms and conditions) (approximate retail value $500 U.S./$672 CDN). In addition, if applicable, a conversion kit and/or pressure switch, as well as whip, disconnect and/or lineset may be included. Nothing else is included, including, without limitation, ductwork.
The Program is subject to change upon notice at www.feelthelove.com. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE, THE PROGRAM SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS, WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICT OF LAWS RULES. VENUE FOR ANY ACTIONS HEREUNDER SHALL BE IN THE APPROPRIATE STATE OR FEDERAL COURT LOCATED IN DALLAS COUNTY, TX.
 In the event of regulatory changes, Lennox may change these furnace models to a ML195E or ML180E, respectively, in its sole discretion and without notice. The approximate retail value of the ML195E and ML180E is the same as stated above for the ML195 and ML180, respectively.